Sunday, June 18, 2006

Has the whole world gone crazy?

I find it very confusing how quickly people change. Of course, I'm a woman, so I'm entitled to change my mind every 3 seconds. But as I look at the people around me, I'm realizing that not everything is flowers and happiness. I'm not quite sure I know what caused this, but people are changing right before my very eyes and it's weird to see. Am I changing too? I don't know, but if I am, I know it's for the better. Which is more than I can say for some people. Also, didn't anyone ever hear the phrase, "If you don't have anything nice to say, shut your face?" Not everything is doom and gloom ya know, people.

Does anyone know the meaning of a "true friend"? I think it has something to do with trust and companionship and helping each other get through rough times. My true friends know who they are. And it's not because I tell them, it's because they just know. So take that, fake friends!

On a lighter note.....

I got my hair cut on Friday. Unless you're really looking at it, you can't really tell, cause I didn't have too much taken off. But anyway, the woman who usually cuts my hair tripped over her dog and broke her wrist. Ouchies! So another woman at the same salon said she would squeeze me in and cut it for me, which was very nice of her. Everything was going great! She was cutting my hair, I was just chilling. She styled it for me too, and she pumped it up in the back so it looked like it had more volume. She gave me some soft curls, and it looked great! So I'm looking in all the mirrors, admiring this lovely hairstyle this woman has created, and the woman is telling me, "ALL the stars are wearing their hair this way. It's all the rage and it's super trendy. Every celebrity woman is styling their hair like this....." and she hands me some celebrity filled magazine. She says, "See, look!" And sure enough, she shows me a picture of Britney Spears. And I don't mean Britney "You're toxic, I'm slipping under, I can't get no satisfaction" Spears. I mean Britney "I almost dropped my baby and my husband parties all night and I'm a big fat cow and my boobs are hanging outta my shirt" Spears. The look on my face must have been priceless. She's showing me a picture of Britney Spears and telling me that I now resemble her. (Even if it IS only because of my hairstyle, I don't care.) I was somewhat mortified, but at that point, what could I do? I mean, come on, all the FABULOUS people look like white trash, right?

In the end, I guess it didn't really matter, because the next day when I washed my hair all the "styling" was gone anyway. Looks like I'll have to find a new way to look trashy all by myself, without the help of a hairdresser. I really did like the hairstyle too, which is the bitch about the whole situation.

Hope everyone has an awesome week, filled with rainbows and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment