Thursday, April 6, 2006

Sliced Bread.

Why was today, of all days, the hardest of them all?

Was it perhaps the result of a harsh reality setting in? Was it that I had too much time on my hands today to just stand there and think? Maybe it was the ticking of the clock that got to me. Whatever it was, it wasn't pleasant.

I tried counting red cars that drove by to see if red cars outnumbered blue cars. But when you're gazing out the window, your mind tends to wander... well, at least mine does anyway. I've been thinking about the past a lot lately, and not in a "Let's reminisce over good times!" kind of way. I think about how I could have done things differently, and how there's a lot of things I wouldn't have done at all if I could go back. But then, if I HADN'T done these things, I wouldn't be who I am today, now would I? And this gretchen is quite possibly the best gretchen I've ever been. So there's no need to regret anything.... it made me, well, me.

Today, however, I DID find myself thinking about the good times quite a bit. I thought about the places I've been, the people I love, and the places I've been with the people I love.

*Atlantic City on the 4th of July.

*Sitting in Rockstar's backyard looking at the stars.

*Swimming in the Carribbean with my family.

*Sleeping in the car in Toledo.

*My first time at 15 North a year ago and being swept off my feet.

*My 21st birthday.

*Getting lost in Kensington and fearing for my life.

You would think that these happy memories (yes, that last one IS a happy memory) would make me smile, but instead they kinda make me sad. Instead of wanting to go forward, I want to go backwards and do it all again. I want to relive it. I want to see it, feel it, and breathe it. Will I ever have that much fun again? Maybe... I'm sure I will. Time will tell.

While I'm waiting for the dark cloud to pass and for my sunshine to return, there's a few things I'd like to say.

I like Dunkin Donuts breakfast bagels more than Einstein Brothers breakfast bagels.

I love french toast at the HIE. (PLEASE keep that on the menu, James.)

I love Blaze Ya Dead Homey. I mean, Shaggy was good too... but Blaze brings out my innner serial killer.

I love Miller Lite. It's just so damn good! (That sounded like a commercial.... can you picture me holding up a bottle of Miller Lite with a huge drunken smile on my face, saying "It's just so damn good!" They should pay me to be their spokesmodel. They could pay me in beer! On second thought, maybe they shouldn't pay me in beer.... then how would I pay my Visa bill? With a case of Miller Lite? Do you think they'd accept that as a form of payment?)

And last but not least.... I love my new jacuzzi bathtub! I don't think I need to say anything else on that matter. It's simply the best thing since sliced bread. And I DO love me some sliced bread!

Ok, so now I feel a little better. Maybe I'll go jump in the bathtub again, even though I just got out. Maybe I'll take some sliced bread with me, and drink some Miller Lite while listening to Blaze Ya Dead Homey. That would make for a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment