Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I miss you, Dr. Pepper!

Ok. So this is day 5 of the "No Soda Diet". It's not going well for me. I'm going through total withdrawl! I'm shaking, confused, and disoriented. But think of all the weight I'm losing! Of course, everyone around me drinks their soda in my face, as if to say, "Look at this delicious soda I'm drinking! It's so yummy and delightful!" And here I am, with my stupid water bottle, sucking down water like I enjoy it or something. I'm trying to see if I can last 2 weeks...... that's 14 damn days! Shoot me now!

And now, for some GOOD news. I held my best friends hand the other day and it felt SO good. It was like she never left me. She just stared at me and knew everything that had been going on with me since we last talked MONTHS ago.... it was awesome. She's giving me the courage to do the things I need to do right now, and I'm so lucky to have her in my life. It's great to see that when you have that kind of connection with someone, it doesn't just disappear. Awesome stuff. Friends, please call your best friend and tell him/her that you love them.

On the flip side, a few people have upset me lately, and I'm learning that some things just aren't worth my time and energy. Someday I'll learn not to take this personally.

So much to do..... so little time! I need a personal assistant. To apply for this position, you must be a male between the ages of 22-29, very mature, and enjoy longs walks on the beach. Married men need not apply. Croatians welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment