Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Laugh till you cry

First of all, I would like to say thank you to the various people who sent me emails, comments, text messages, long ass voicemails, and smoke signals regarding my last blog. It was much appreciated. Im feeling better, and to prove it, I'm here to tell you all about my day.

I had to go into work early today, and during the confusion of trying to get myself ready for work, i kinda forgot to eat (which doesn't happen very often). So I decided to swing through the McDonalds drive thru. I ordered a number nine, (chicken nugget meal), and the woman told me to come to the first window. I did as instructed. It was like, 4 dollars and some change. I whipped out 5 ones, and extended my arm. Well, in case you didn't notice, it was EXTREMELY windy today, and when she went to grab the money, it just blew away. We both simultaneously screamed, "SHIT!", and the woman told me to go run after it. So i did. I ran through Mcdonalds parking lot, chasing dollar bills everywhere for about 3 minutes. I only missed one! I walked back to my car (out of breath), handed her the money, and she instructed me to drive to the second window, which i did. The woman handed me my bag, and i was glad to be out of there. It was embarassment central.

I got MAYBE a block. I looked in my bag and it wasn't even CLOSE to a chicken nugget meal. So i did what any idiot would do, and went back to embarassment central. I went back through the drive thru, and realized i had ordered before breakfast was over, which would be why there is a breakfast sandwich in my hand. So, in THIS case, gretchen = moron.

After i got my damn nuggets, i went to work and everything was good. Halfway through the night, i ran out to get my co-worker and i dinner. I came back, and for some reason, i had the "It's raining men" song stuck in my head. I think you know where this is going. I got out of my car, and sometimes i just forget where i am, because i was singing that shit as loud as i could through the parking lot. I mean like, TOP OF MY LUNGS type loud. "IT'S RAINING MEN! HALLEUIAH IT'S RAINING MEN! AMEN!" Well of course, i couldn't just be the only one in the parking lot.... i now have an audience. People are staring, and all i could do was laugh. I laughed so hard i cried. Then i went inside and told my co-worker, and she laughed so hard SHE cried. Good times.

I'm hoping tomorrow is as thrilling as today (minus the "It's Raining Men" song). If the laughter i had today is any indication of the rest of the week will be, then somebody PLEASE sign me up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment